Holiday eating can take its toll on even the healthiest among us. You don’t have to skip holiday parties. Here are a number of ways to help you make more moderate choices that will keep those extra pounds from piling up:
- Eat smaller meals rather than “saving” yourself for that special holiday meal, where you are likely to overeat.
- Plan a workout before a holiday party or big meal.
- Take advantage of “nutritionally dense” holiday foods like pumpkin, cranberries, turkey, sweet potatoes and chestnuts.
- Eat slowly.
- Offer to bring a healthy dish to holiday parties.
- When you cook, try recipe modification like substituting applesauce for oil.
- Get a plate instead of “hanging out” at the appetizer table at a party.
Tags: General, MRG Apartments