Winter months can be tough. In fact, they can be downright depressing. Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is believed to be caused by the changing seasons. And it’s no surprise that SAD tends to peak during the winter months. While there are a number of treatments, one recommendation is eating a healthy diet. Here are 5 foods that have numerous health benefits but may also help minimize those winter blues:
1) Salmon: It’s high in Omega-3 fatty acids that may have a positive impact on your mood!
2) Berries: They may help prevent the release of cortisol, which is released during stressful situations.
3) Yogurt: It’s high in B-12. Low levels of B-12 are associated with depression.
4) Turkey: High in both tryptophan and melatonin, the stuff they say makes you sleepy after Thanksgiving dinner, turkey seems to have a calming effect.
5) Dark Chocolate: Top it all off with a bit of dark chocolate. The polyphenol content is associated with improved mood. Who wouldn’t be happy about eating chocolate?
Find more information in this healthline article.
Tags: General, MRG Apartments