Organizing Your Apartment Closets
August 25, 2012
Looking for a good way to feel more organized in your apartment? Getting your closet organized may just do the trick. Here are some tips:
1. Hang stuff up. It may seem like a hassle when you’re running late for work, but making a point to put everything in its place right then can help you to avoid accumulating dreaded laundry piles on the closet floor.
2. Get door hooks. They’re the perfect solution for those garments that you wear all the time but are sick of properly putting away every day when you get home.
3. Shoe holders are for everything. The plastic versions can be used to store just about anything, from hair combs to rolled-up t-shirts. Not only do they maximize your space, but the clear plastic makes it easy to find any item in a hurry.
4. Seasonal storage will keep things from getting lost. Instead of hanging up sweaters during the summer, fold them up and store them out of the way so you can easily access the stuff you’ll actually wear.
5. Donate old clothes to Memphis thrift stores like the Junior League Repeat Boutique or the Memphis Plato’s Closet and help someone less fortunate while creating extra space at the same time.
You can check out a full clothing closet organizing checklist at realsimple.com.
Got any other tips for getting organized at your Memphis apartment? Comment and let us know!
Categorised in: Apartment Decor