Choosing an Apartment-Friendly Dog
October 19, 2012
MRG apartment communities have pet-friendly policies but not all pets – and in particular, dogs – are apartment-friendly. If you are in the market for a pup that will make an ideal apartment roommate for you, here are a few things to consider:
- Choose from breeds that aren’t known to be “barkers.” Your neighbors will thank you!
- Stay away from high-energy breeds that need space to run to burn off that energy.
- Consider an older, house-trained dog.
- Make sure your apartment is safe for your pet, for example, that balconies are safely enclosed, etc.
- Have plenty of toys available to entertain your four-legged friend while you are away.
- Exercise is important no matter what breed you choose. Plan for two walks per day plus additional bathroom breaks.
Check with your apartment manager for specific rules – like maximum size, etc.
Categorised in: Pets and Apartments