It’s Valentines: Love Thy Apartment Neighbors, Part 2
February 14, 2013
In honor of Valentines Day, we present part 2 of our “Love Thy Neighbors” tips.
See part 1 here!
1. Alert your neighbors to parties. If you’re planning a party, be sure to give your neighbors plenty of warning, letting them know when it’s going to start and how long you expect it to go on. Leave them a telephone number to contact if they need to ask you to turn it down. If you get on well with your neighbors, invite them too.
2. Communicate with your neighbors. Above all, touch base with your neighbors regularly and keep them in the loop. Remember the golden rule and if anything you are planning to do may affect them, minimize it and let them know in advance. Keep the channels of communication open by reminding them that if you’re doing anything which disturbs them, they should feel comfortable approaching you about it.
3. Be aware of your surroundings, as well as theirs. Even if you’re not in a “neighborhood watch” community, keep your eye on anyone you don’t know acting suspiciously around your neighbors’ apartments. When in doubt, call the police so they can quickly curtail any criminal activity.
4. If you hear of any apartment community news (events, crimes, parking restrictions, etc.) give them a heads-up by e-mail.
5. Be nice to your new neighbors. When someone new is moving next to you, welcome them. Invite them over for dinner or offer to babysit their kids/pets while they’re away. They’ll do the same for you.
Happy Valentines Day from your friends at MRG Apartment Communities!
More details and tips here.
Categorised in: Uncategorized