July 18, 2014
Sitting in the same desk chair for hours is a recipe for sore muscles. Take a few moments each workday to relieve your body’s tension.
- Stretch your neck: Drop your right ear toward your right shoulder so you feel a mild stretch on the sides of your neck. Hold for 30 seconds, and repeat on left side.
- Tuck your chin to your chest: Drop your head down and tuck in your chin. Slowly turn your chin toward your left shoulder, and then slowly turn toward your right shoulder. Repeat this move up to 10 times.
- Stretch your shoulder: Keeping your head and neck stable, slowly roll your shoulders forward, up, and then back to complete a full circle.
- Stretch your feet: Slowly circle your right foot clockwise 20 times, then counterclockwise 20 times. Repeat with the left foot.
- Stretch your back and chest: Sit or stand up tall with your arms out to the side, elbows bent, palms forward, and fingers pointed upward toward the ceiling. Keeping your spine straight, press your arms back until you feel a slight stretch in your chest and shoulders. Hold this for 30 seconds, then rest. Do this 10 times.
- Stretch your forearm and hand: Extend your right arm out in front of you with your palm facing forward and your fingers pointed to the ceiling. Use your left hand to stretch your right hand’s fingers and palm back toward you as far as they will comfortably go. Hold that position for 30 seconds, rest, and repeat on your left hand.
Categorised in: Health & Fitness