October 28, 2016
At MRG, we want to be sure your children have a safe and happy Halloween. Of course watching out for goblins, ghouls, and ghosts is important, but here are a few “real world” safety tips to share with your kids:
- Wear flame retardant costumes.
- Keep costumes and wigs away from candles.
- Don’t carry fake swords, guns, knives or similar accessories that look authentic. Make sure they’re flexible and cannot harm anyone.
- Trick or treat in familiar neighborhoods.
- Carry a flashlight with fresh batteries after dark.
- Stay on the sidewalks and out of the streets. Cross only at intersections and designated crosswalks.
- Never accept rides from strangers.
- Don’t eat any candy until it’s inspected for tampering under bright lights.
- Avoid candy that has loose wrappings, is unwrapped, has puncture holes, or is homemade.
Some of our apartment communities have set times for trick-or-treating within the property so check out the rules with your apartment manager and have a happy and safe Halloween!
Categorised in: MRG Apartment Community Notices