May 20, 2018
Your balcony or patio can be a great extension of your apartment living space. Here are five ways to give your outdoor space a subtle but refreshing makeover:
1. Go Green – Add a few potted or hanging plants to add a touch of color.
2. Think Symmetrically – Symmetry is calming and can make a small space feel bigger. Mix big pieces like chairs with small pieces like pots and side tables.
3. Go Bright – Add a pop of color in the form of bright pillows or a rug.
4. Add Layers of Texture – Texture can add dimension to a space, create harmony between different elements, or serve as a focal point. Add layered and contrasting textures like a crocheted hammock, rattan hanging chair, or glazed ceramic pots.
5. Let There Be Light – String lights, lanterns, or a stake light in a potted plant.