January 3, 2020
It’s that time again. The beginning of a new year provides that fresh start we need to attempt some form of self-improvement. But how about shifting the focus a little this year and identifying a few opportunities for apartment-life improvement? Here are a few ideas:
- Declutter. Make your apartment feel neater and roomier by getting rid of clutter. You’ll feel great making that Goodwill donation and you’ll be happier when you return to a nice, neat apartment home!
- Redecorate. Making a few changes in decor doesn’t have to be expensive. You might simply rearrange your furniture. Or head to a thrift store and find a new and interesting piece to spice up a room. Or consider a little DIY project, like making a few new throw pillows to brighten up your living room or bedroom.
- Deep Clean. Nothing feels better than a super-clean apartment. Make this chore easier by picking one room a week to clean from top to bottom. Dust, vacuum, clean windows, mop, clean baseboards, get it all white-glove clean!
- Adopt a Plant. While it can’t replace the companionship of a furry friend, a nice house plant can really spruce up a room.
- Meet a Neighbor. One of the great things about living in an apartment community is the “community”. Make it a point to introduce yourself to new neighbors. It will make you feel good and will definitely make new residents feel at home more quickly.
Categorised in: Apartment Living Tips