July 15, 2020
An Ounce of Prevention
Maybe you skipped your spring cleaning. Or maybe your spring cleaning list didn’t hit on certain preventive maintenance items. Either way, here’s a great summer list of maintenance items to keep your apartment in tip-top shape:
- Change A/C filter
- Inspect fire extinguisher
- Test smoke detectors
- Rotate/flip mattresses
- Rotate/flip sofa and chair cushions
- Manage Pests (If regularly scheduled treatments aren’t keeping the pests away, contact the office to schedule an additional treatment)
- Clean dryer vent/lint hose
- Defrost fridge
- Clean range hood
- Clean siding
- Wash windows and screens
- Inspect for plumbing leaks
- Run water and flush toilets in unused spaces
- Check all locks, deadbolts, windows and doors
And here are a few tips and quick fixes to keep things in your apartment running smoothly:
- Empty your dryer vent after every use.
- Do not overload washers and dryers.
- Do not turn off your A/C. Instead leave it on auto, ideally at a minimum of 74.
- Do not put grease, shells, rice, pasta, oil, or potato peels, in the garbage disposal.
- Fix toilet clogs by turning off water at valve below the tank to prevent overflow. Use a plunger to remove the clog by pushing it into drain back and forth keeping plunger submerged in water.
Have a great summer!
Categorised in: Apartment Living Tips