September 10, 2020
Looking for a few ways to exercise those abs in the comfort of your own apartment? Here are a few options:
1. Crunch Beat: Lie face up on mat with knees bent 90 degrees, legs lifted, calves parallel to floor. Place hands behind head, elbows out, and crunch up, lifting shoulders off mat. Extend legs diagonally up, cross ankles, and extend arms overhead. Holding this position, switch feet over and under each other 8 times. Return to start. Do 8 reps.
2. Single Bridge: This move targets abs, obliques, hips, and butt. Lie face up on mat with knees bent, feet hip-width apart on floor, arms by sides. Extend right leg straight up toward ceiling, engage abs, and lift hips off floor, forming a straight line from left knee to shoulder. Raise arms straight over shoulders. Make 8 small circles with right leg. Switch direction of circles; repeat. Lower. Switch legs and repeat.
3. Victory Lunge: This move targets back, arms, abs, and legs. Stand with feet hip-width apart, arms overhead, palms in.
A. Lunge forward with left leg, knee bent 90 degrees, keeping right leg straight and leaning forward slightly from hips as you lower arms behind you.
B. Push off left foot to stand upright, then extend left leg in front of you and lift arms overhead. Return to lunge. Do 15 reps; switch legs and repeat.
4. Plie Pose: This move targets back, arms, abs, butt, and legs. Stand with legs more than shoulder-width apart, feet turned out 45 degrees. Squat, keeping knees above ankles, as you bring both hands below waist in front of you, elbows slightly bent, palms up. Push up, straightening left leg, lifting right foot to place it on inside of left thigh, and sweep arms overhead (elbows slightly bent, palms in). Return to squat. Do 15 reps; switch legs and repeat.
5. Curtsy Lift: This move targets shoulders, back, abs, obliques, hips, and legs. Stand with feet hip-width apart. A. Step right leg behind and to left of left leg, bending both knees 90 degrees (to curtsy) as you lift arms overhead, palms in. B. Straighten left leg as you sweep right leg out to right and lower arms to should level. Lower into curtsy (step a). Do 12 reps; switch legs and repeat.