January 28, 2021
Living on your own is exciting, but sometimes decorating an empty apartment can be a little overwhelming. Making your apartment feel like a home doesn’t have to be expensive. Here are some tips to make your apartment showcase your style and personality:
- One room at a time – Don’t overwhelm yourself with trying to furnish and decorate your entire apartment. Look at magazines to find ideas about colors and styles.
- Wall decals – Wall decals are a great option instead of paint and wallpaper. They are easy to put up, and they can be removed without damaging the walls. You can choose from pictures, motifs or words in a variety of colors. Prices can vary a lot, but with a little research on the Internet, you can definitely find some that suit your style and budget.
- Display everyday items – We all have books, vases and plates. Stack some of your favorite books on a side table or consider hanging some of your favorite plates on the wall. These everyday items will spice up your apartment without costing anything.
- Sales – When decorating on a budget, eBay, Craigslist, garage sales, and flea markets are great ways to find very reasonable decor. The downfall is that you have to do a little digging, but with a couple of friends it can be fun.
- Homemade art – Believe it or not, you’re probably a better artist than you realize. Wall art can be very expensive so try purchasing an inexpensive canvas at your local craft store and painting an abstract piece. Not only can you match the colors to your décor, but it is also a great conversation starter when friends come over for dinner. Another great idea is taking photos of objects, people or places that interest you and hanging them on the wall or putting them in picture frames on a shelf.
Be sure to check with your MRG apartment community manager before you do any type of decorating that might impact your deposit, like painting or changing a light fixture. Remember that if and when you move out of your apartment, you’ll need to leave it as you found it.
Categorised in: Apartment Decor